What is stronger
than the human heart
which shatters over and over
and still lives
~ Rupi Kaur
Congratulations on making the decision to care for yourself and taking a step toward living your most authentic life. I hope to be able to support you through your journey.
I have a Master’s Degree in Social Work and am a Registered Social Worker in Ontario. I work from a strengths-based perspective to boost my clients’ resilience and self-confidence. I use a variety of different therapeutic approaches to meet clients’ where they are at. Some of the therapies I use include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution-Focussed / Brief Problem Solving Therapy and Existential Therapy. I use principles of Trauma-Informed Counselling and Motivational Interviewing to understand the nuances of your individual experience, while identifying your readiness to make change and capitalize on it.
I am part of monthly clinical supervision group that provides guidance and support around complex situations.
Some of the areas I specialize in include (but not limited to):
- Dementia care and support – for people in the early stages and for family care partners throughout the journey
- Young Carers – people in the 16 – 35 age group supporting a family member with a chronic / terminal physical or mental health condition including dementia
- Grief support – for all types of grief including sudden traumatic loss by suicide, homicide or drug overdose
- Chronic Illnesses – for people living with health and mental health conditions like chronic pain, depression, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, etc. or their family members
- Caregiver support – for families of people living with intellectual and physical disabilities not listed above
- Newcomer / Immigrant Mental Health – support for a variety of issues: loss of social connections to employment issues to experience of discrimination
- Family relationship issues – includes support for all family relationships – spouses, parents, siblings, children
- Depression and anxiety – whether it is a life circumstance or a chronic, ongoing diagnosis, you can be supported at Unity Counselling
Whether you’re coping with a stressful situation or simply want to explore your potential, build confidence and maximize your resources, I can support you in achieving your goals.
Everything you share with me is confidential. Sessions are 60 minutes long and fees are $100. For online sessions through Skype for Business, fees are due 24 hours before the session.